View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
music man

What kind of gear do you wear?

I just wanted to get a better idea of what all the people on here that say they ATGATT wear, you never know you might open some peoples eyes (like me) to some ideas and alternatives they weren't aware of.

I will start. When it is cool enough I wear a leather jacket, blue jeans, lace up boots, non protective winter gloves, I started out with a half helmet, then moved up to a 3/4, now I wear a full face helmet (I had a problem with wearing a full face at first, so I slowly eased myself into it).

When it is in between hot and cold I switch to a armored mesh jacket, different gloves, blue jeans, the same boots and a full face helmet.

When it is summertime I wear a t-shirt, full face helmet, gloves and the same boots.

The only constant I have is I NEVER ride without a helmet, I always wear blue jeans and boots, and I always wear gloves, I like the grip I get better and my hands don't seem to get vibrated as bad. I don't really wear blue jeans for protection from the pavement(because they offer none), I wore shorts a couple of times when I first started riding, and I didn't like it, rocks, bugs, rain, tailpipe, they all suck when you are wearing shorts (plus you can't really wear boots with shorts).
The only thing I would like to change is I would like to buy some protective pants of some type, since I wear pants all the time anyways i could easily wear those comfortably.

I am not asking this to start a fight (although I know it probably will) but to genuinely find out what everyone on here is wearing when they go out on there bike, and if they wear it all the time or if they are like me and flip flop back and forth, depending on the weather.

And on a side note, I also NEVER go anywhere without my trusty mp3 player, gotta have the tunes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads