View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Re: What kind of gear do you wear?

I'm not consistent. Here's my current "Full Battle Rattle" with options.

1) Scorpion Mesh jacket (exoskeleton?) - with or without liner depending on temps. Wear over one, two or three polyester underlayers.
2) Tourmaster rain overjacket. If raining or gets cold - acts as a good layer with the mesh jacket.
3) If I'm touring or going on a Long Pointless Ride, I wear Tourmaster Caliber pants. Waterproof, lined, armored - liner if applicable (cold.) If local time wasting or commuting, I wear jeans.
4) For local cruising I wear Alpinestars Ridge waterproof, zip-up/velcro over the ankle leather boots. For camp/touring, Lowa Renegade waterproof (Gore-tex) over the ankle hikers.
5) 3/4 Scorpion helmet for short local rides. Full Face flip up Arai helmet for freeway riding. the Arai helmet is very comfortable, much quieter than my HJC, fits better and has better ventilation. Prefer the full face when out on the Kawa as it has a minimal windshield and the Arai handles the wind a lot better than the 3/4.
6) Various gloves. I like the Icon Pursuit? also have some humongous cold weather gloves with fingers the size of hotdog buns. The big gloves have zip pockets for weatherproof booties.
7) Max-it head gator (gaiter?) (when cold.)

I also have a heavy leather armored Motorhead jacket (Icon) that I don't wear that much anymore.