View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
Water Warrior 2

Re: Toying with new bike idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
In all honesty I can't think of any bike I would rather ride.
:2tup:
Yup, you ride the same critter as I do so you know where I'm coming from. I am however very sure there are bikes out there that might be more satisfying but at what cost ? I keep hearing nice things about the H-D Ultras and their kin but $26 big ones is out of my price range by a mile or 3. I have sat on a few and they are nice but do I really need to go overboard and deep in debt just to polish all that chrome. When I almost got the C-50 the price was really the best deal out there by a long way and it was a pleasant bike to ride. The only really big bike I have ridden was the Yamaha MT 01 with a 1700 cc V-twin. I might take one as a gift b/c I can't see owning and paying for a vibrator with a small gas tank. The Zuk 805 V-twins are relatively smooth running and have a nice smooth confidence inspiring power delivery. The C-50 was a good option as a new ride because of the size, weight and overall ergonomics. Lynda's M-50 no longer fits me since I changed a few things to fit her 5" 3" frame.
So the Vstrom will remain in the family and I'll throw a few $ at it in the new year after things warm up.