View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
mcintyre_aerospace

GZ250 Vs Semi Truck on 2/1/08

Well folks, I just wanted to tell everyone to stay alert on overpasses. Why you ask? Well, yesterday I had just washed my motorcycle, and I decided to go to the local airport to visit my bro. The highway that it is on has an overpass over I-10 and has the usual fast food and ruck stops there. Well I was riding my the guard rail going around 50-55 mph, when I realized there was a truck pulling out in front of me, and he was gassing it. By the time I reacted I was looking at his rear wheels about 15 feet away. I didn't have enough room to go around his rear, and I couldn't turn down the access road, so I hit by brakes, locking them up, and laid it over. I got out from under the bike and skidded/rolled for about 20 feet until I hit my head on the big stop sign in the little triangular median. If I hadn't worn a leather jacket and my full face helmet, I would have been in far more serious condition. All that happened to me was some pretty bad road rash on my right hand, and each finger is badly cut. The funny thing is that another truck driver stopped to help me, but the one that caused the wreck ran. I was able to stand and shut my bike off and get my helmet off. It took the EMS about 15 minutes to reach my right outside of town. A very good thing is that my bike suffered little damage. I need a new headlight assembly, a muffler, a rear break pedal, and maybe new handlebars, most of which I was going to replace anyways. It started right up and my bro drove it to the airport while I went to the ER. Ive been told I got off really lightly for the situation I was in going around 50. So the point is, always wear a good jacked and gloves, and NEVER forget the helmet, It really does SAVE LIVES. Oh and watch out for those retarded truck drivers, they always full out into the road without looking.

Login or Register to Remove Ads