View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
music man

Re: Motor Overhaul (summer project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
The only way you could discourage me outta doing these mods is by telling me you have tried all of them for yourself and not one worked.

They probably all work, the only question is, and it has been asked on this site many times is, are you going to get anywhere near the performance gain you would need to get to be worth all the time and money you are going to sink into this, and maybe more importantly, how long is your engine, or just the entire bike in general going to last if you do get those kind of gains.

Not that I am saying don't do it, quite the contrary, its your money and your motorcycle, and after having several people come on this site claiming that they were going to do basically this same thing, and then all of a sudden disappear, I am hoping that whether you fail or succeed on this project, that you will stick around and tell us the bad and good of doing stuff like this to the GZ. And hopefully you will stick around long enough to tell us the long term effects of them too.

Good luck