Thread: new 09 gz
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #15
advant63

Re: new 09 gz

Quote:
would it be safe to assume you removed the bar end weights to get the bike through doorways ?
good eye. they were never installed. they're still in their bubble wrap on the dining room table. :roll:

Quote:
I had the Spitfire shield on my G.Z. It worked well,except I had a hard time keeping it steady.Even in the instructions it says to have it against the headlight or speedometer to keep it from vibrating.I later switched to a National Cycle street shield that mounts on at 4 points rather than 2 points like the Spitfire.A much sturdier design.
i can see that happening. i was thinking it needs a third mounting strut down low to strengthen it.

Quote:
Mine is mounted a few inches higher than yours which makes me think that might be why I have so much wind noise. I'm going to try dropping it down this season to see what happens.
i know what you mean. if any thing it may end up lying even further back. my wife and i are the same size so i should be able to dial it in for best results. i recently traded rides with a silverwing scooter with a high shield. my head was buffeted quite badly an would have preferred no shield at all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads