Thread: Newest Toy
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Newest Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I'm having enough trouble just mastering Putting Air In Tires. It's a bitch to get to the nipple on the Strat. Finally got it worked out on the front, still haven't tackled the back. Took me some effing around to get the hose attached. Learned that the connections aren't worth shit without some teflon pipe tape.

I've got a whole garage full of neat tools i lost interest in (table saw, routing table, miter saw, etc.) so I've lost a bit of the tool bug. I focus nearly all of my puttering on the piano at this point.

But I'd be interested in a farkle with a flexible air input doo-jigger and a built-in pressure gauge if amy of you mechanical types can recommend one.

Two major plusses to having the air in the garage: Tires are cold when checking pressure AND, more importantly, tailpipe (and brake discs) is ALSO not skin blistering hot, when effing around under there.
They make angled schrader valves. So if space for filling the tires on the Strat is limited, that might be an option. It's what I did on my scoot. You can even get valves that come out at a 90 degree angle.

Or, like you said, you can get some different jig-a-ma-roos to squeeze in there...

Air chuck with gauge: