View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Nightsbane

Re: When to use the clutch...

Thanks for the advice. Geezer you misunderstand me. I am by no means out of control, and by the endof the course I was shifting just fine. I understand the friction zone and all that, I mainly just want to know two things. Is the little jerkiness when rolling back on the throttle all the way and then back on normal, and am I supposed to engage the clutch when completely letting go of the throttle and then rolling back on.

For instance, I'm rolling and I am now in second gear. I let off the throttle to go into a curve or turn. After slowing I roll onto the throttle (after not using much or any at all, coasting a bit) and go through the turn. Sometimes this caused the range bikes to be just a bit jerky when rolling back on the throttle, didn't cause any control issues, but I just wanted to know if this was normal and if I should have been using the clutch to avoid damaging anything.

That's what I need to know.

For me, the only thing I am still learning with the clutch is not killing it at least once while riding from a stop light by letting out the clutch to quickly :tongue:

Login or Register to Remove Ads