View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #33
savrip

Re: auto zone led kit, bright as hell.

Well I can't wait for my back wheel to show you mine. :biggrin: I bought a cheap-o Autozone LED kit and wired the spaghetti through the bike. It took a while, but well worth it. I also have a switch on mine so I don't have to run it during the day. I'm going to use clear silicone to go around the bases of the LED squares just to ensure that moisture doesn't work it's way to the tape. Keeping the wires away from the exhaust was challenging, but I think I have it. Once I get back riding I'll be sure to check that they are still secure after a few rides.

No front wheel LEDs and didn't have to take the tank off to run anything around. If you have the patience to deal with lots of little wires this is a great addon for $20. I was going to wait and do it later, but I had the rear wheel off already and that just gave me some free time to start a project while I was waiting on another one.

The rubbermaid top is just to catch gunk from cleaning my chain, just one of the many maintenance jobs I'm doing while waiting on my wheel.

Login or Register to Remove Ads