View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
Pippi

and I thought, if he can ride then so can I

That is what I thought after my boyfriend brought home a brand new Harley -Nightster. So one month later, and a lot of time spent researching bikes (I am 6ft tall so the seat height was very important to me) and a couple hit and misses on Craigslist we brought home Pippi! My "new" 2002 GZ250 with only 3,600 miles! I am a complete newbie to the motorcycle world, but found myself already in love with it. I went on my third ride tonight (solo!) which is huge. Lesson one was in a parking lot with the boyfriend just getting to know her and the clutch. Lesson 2 was more of the same in the parking lot and we made it around the block a couple times. BUT, tonight it was all ME!

This weekend we cleaned her up -I got the task of cleaning the chain and spokes on the rear tire (the previous owner got WAY to happy with the grease) and the bf changed the oil and cleaned the carbs and let me tell you she is looking and sounding nice! Next weekend we hope to get the brakes replaced and then I think she will be good to go!

Well I think that is the short and sweet of it ---I have to thank this forum already for all the great tips, manual downloads and helpful information!

Login or Register to Remove Ads