View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Way

Re: My First Night Ride

Hi cayuse,

Yeah, that blindness is something I never really took note of before. It's surprising how being surrounded by metal, makes a person not sweat the blindness. I didn't experience it so bad in the car last night but it was there nonetheless. The thing about the ride was that I was thinking at the time that that was the worst possible place to get oncoming lights and I was right. I've encountered a moose in that same spot, perhaps even the same one, that was in the middle of the road and it never left the center line. It started running away from me down the center line for about 100 yards or so. When I finally did get by, it was running in the wrong direction in the oncoming lane. Luckily no one was coming down the road at the time.

When I got my vision back RIGHT NOW the damn moose was RIGHT THERE. lol I am still amazed that it did a full 180 and ran back away from the road. One of my coworkers actually did hit a moose on his bike, a long time ago. I guess if you can slip/slide under it, you have a chance. I'd rather not though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads