Thread: Tool Kit
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Be nice boys :cool:

We get new people in here all the time and it's great that they join. We don't want to scare them off.

That being said, Turbo, the first thing that is usually suggested to any newcomer on this site is that they download the service manual and familiarize themselves it and with some of previous posts in the maintenance section and the how-to section. That way, we don't get bogged down with the same questions over and over.

Now, back to the topic, the factory tool kit comes in a black plastic bag and rests on a on top of the black plactic "storage" bin that is located under the seat. If it's not there, you're not missing much. The factory tools are pretty useless and a quick trip to the store or your own personal garage can turn up some better quality stuff.

If you are looking for a way to keep tools all nice and tidy and don't want to spend much money, just buy some 4-6" PVC pipe and some end caps. Paint the pipe some happy color and keep in the space that was originally taken by the "storage" bin. You can keep you tools and some rags in there.

I wouldn't suggest those Cruz tools that you were looking at simply because they seem very overpriced just because they carry the "motorcycle tools" title. It's the same with bicycle tools. Some normal tools work fine.

After I get home this evening, I'll take at look at what I have in there and we can discuss what you'll "need" to have in an everyday tool kit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads