Thread: Charity Rides
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
dwh367

Charity Rides

Just curious as to whether anyone else takes their GZ250 on Poker Runs, Toy Runs, etc. I try to make as many as my finances and my work schedule permit. I'm consistently the smallest displacement bike attending but I can pretty well hold my own keeping up with the big bikes unless they're running balls to the wall. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often though. However, I always make sure that I know where the stops are so that if I do get left behind, I know where to catch up with the others again. I've never had to use that plan yet but it's always best to be prepared. Although most of the runs I go on are dominated by Harley Davidsons, I've never yet gotten an attitude from any of the other riders. Most of them I run into practice the "it's not what you ride as long as you ride" philosophy. If you've never tried a charity ride, I'd encourage you to give it a shot sometime. Out of all the runs I've made, I've only won one time and I donated my winnings back to the cause. Whether I win or whether I lose, I have a good time socializing with other riders and enjoying the scenery along the way and that's what makes the run worth it for me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads