View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
lenkf

Re: A new member wanting to say hi to every one

As I've been observing on this forum, there's many variations of the "GZ250". American and European models. Further, there are "Chinese clones" of this bike which simply dont have "Suzuki" on the engine side cases.

My 2009 GZ250 has decals indicating it was "made" in Spain. I suspect most GZ250s of this era were made in Spain. The Spanish used to make decent motorcycles, but maybe Suzuki didn't like quality control of the GZ250 so stopped manufacture there. Thus, the GZ250 is no longer manufactured, at least not coming to the US now. Too bad because it used to be a high performing single cylinder moto with twin dome head and "dual exhaust". This gz250 forum has yet to explain the "big" advantage of the dual exhaust on the twin dome head, while other Suzuki similar engines are still used with maybe less capability, like the TU250.

Luckily, my GZ250 has not had any manufacturing problems as yet with about 500 miles. I'm still breaking it in per the manufacturer's requirement to keep things less than half throttle (whatever that is if you don't know what full throttle is, 55mph? An mph per gear would have been more informative for break-in. Can't wait to try 65mph on the freeway since "max" speed on the web seems to be closer to 80mph, after the manufacturers nebulous recommended break in period. The GZ250 doesn't have a tach or other engine guages to determine performance. Its a simple bike and that's why I like it because I can maintain it.

fred