View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Re: Oxford heated over-grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
seriously, you can remove the grips without damage? hm.. well that's ok I guess. I don't anticipate these lasting forever, so I can switch things up later. The ones I really liked were built into a replacement grip but they said everything had to be expoxied back permanently, and the old grips had to be cut off with a knife.

They seem to be 18watts each so 36 total. A bit more than I thought. I do have pretty good gloves, plus have the elephant ear msr hand guards to cut the wind. I might end up doing hand muffs, but so far I'm good.
Done 3 bikes so far and they all have the original grips. The grips with molded in heaters are very expensive and the Suzuki brand are the pits. They do not heat all the way around the grip. Symtec heaters draw half the wattage of the over grips and are not all that bad/difficult of an install. Preplanning your install goes a long way to making it easier, same as any other farkle on the bike. Symtecs come with all the needed wiring and such. Californiasporttouring has them for about $45/50 I think.
Trouble free on the Vstrom for 5 years now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads