View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
LilNinja77

Don't worry, you'll thank yourself the first time you take the helmet off and see a splatted wasp or bee........though that doesn't stop them from finding ways in to your jacket......yes it sucks, if you haven't already experienced that lovely bit of fun. My biggest "holy crap I'm glad I'm wearing a full-face" moment..........it's tied:
A---the day a bird hit me in the helmet coming out of a sharp left-hander, or
B---a couple days ago, when it decided to hail while I was out riding. If you've never been hit with hail while travelling down the highway.......umm, yeah, it's not exactly the most gentle sensation in the world, even through a thick leather jacket. The hail decided the best place to hit me was right below the helmet in the neck, what do you know, that's where the bees like to hit too!

Seriously though, if you ever take a slide down the road, THAT is when you'll really be glad you opted to wear a full-face. Virtually all of the crashes I've witnessed had the rider hitting the front of the helmet first, most often right in the chin area..........I dunno about anyone else but to me that doesn't sound like fun in a half-helmet or 3/4.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~