Thread: ...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: GZ Rider says goodbye

I will accept responsibility for making the changes that I did, but my intention in doing so was not to make someone look like an attacker.
I completely agree with the direction that GzRider was taking the conversation. I had no problem there. However, due to the very defensive position of the OP, I removed sections of that conversation that were personal, or could have been deemed personal by either side.

My intention, based on the posts that I kept in the thread, was to leave only the pertinent information that needed to be answered by the OP. In this case, it was GzRider's very valid point to question why a bike did not have a title. My error, as GzRider stated above, was not allowing him the discretion to alter his own posts. And I am sincerely sorry for overlooking this side of things. And in my haste to clean up a "for sale" thread, I will admit that I simply didn't consider the possible fall-out. We moderators (Well, I can only speak for myself) alter and edit mis-posts or "quote" code errors all the time. In my mind, this was similar to that while also diffusing a possible negative situation.

GzRider, if my overshadowing is the reason for your mistrust of a moderator's position, I will gladly relinquish it. Just say the word. But don't leave. I do my best to keep things cleaned up and tidy and I think this was just a gross oversight on my part. On top of everything else, you know what kind of crap I'm going through emotionally. I'm sorry, man.

Login or Register to Remove Ads