Thread: Battery issues
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
mrlmd1

battery issues

Got me ER - wrong spelling (idle). Didn't spell check, proof read, etc,etc.

Didn't write the voltage because I thought that would be common knowledge from being around a while, owning cars, etc.

Good point that the voltage should be checked with a fairly good at least partially charged, rather than a totally dead battery. He could have gotten a bad battery with the bike, where it may start up once after being "fully" charged on a charger, but not start up again, even after a ride on the bike. As you and others have said, and from personal experience going through 3 batteries from the dealer, the charging system on this bike will not be sufficient to bring a bad battery up to full capacity - you need to put in on a charger overnight to get enough juice in it for the one start. I don't think the dealer would have sold a bike with a defective charging system either, and I don't think it's too common for these things to fail.

I'd lay odds on the battery, get a new one and put it on a charger overnight before use and bet the problem is solved. Just my 2 or 3 cents worth.