View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
ecr959

Re: new electric motorcycle by HONDA

OK. OK.
Hi WW, Hi Blaine.

Well... that good job I got down here only lasted a week. It was training for a phone rep job, and after the first week they gave everybody in class a test, to see if you had absorbed the first week of training. Well, I failed the test, they wanted you to pass with at least an 80, and me and 4 other guys didn't get 80. I got a 2nd chance, and my score was closer to 80 but still not there.
So they let me go, I got paid for that week. I still had some savings, I was surviving on a little bit I had left in the bank. Oh yeah, Citibank doesn't have any locations down here, so I had to close that and start a new acct with a local bank.

I was staying with a friend but he said I had to move out asap (long story) so I found a little furnished room in a mobile home. And I'm still not working steady but I got an application going with AT&T for a cable installation guy job. I already took their skills test and passed, the next step is a face 2 face interview. They said it could be 2 weeks or 2 months, so I signed up at this temp labor place. They send guys out to construction sites, mostly unskilled labor. Some kitchen work too. I told them I can be a busboy, or a dishwasher. I am also getting contacted by other companies for customer phone rep jobs. I'm gonna score a job somewhere.
They might get me something today or tomorrow.
I also got a callback from 2 places I applied to, from ads I saw on Craiglist. I also got a interview over the phone from Home Depot, they liked me, they said the next step is a face 2 face interview. That was 3 weeks ago, I'm still waiting on them. Plus I got 2 resumes on Monster.com and a few other places : one is for skilled work as a repair tech, the other resume is for kitchen help. I can be a dishwasher , or I can slice potatos or mop floors, I just want a fulltime.

About my bike, I'm riding almost every day, the bus system down here is parttime at best. Only a few hours a day, only a few streets, only a few days a week. IT sucks, its almost non-existant. I am glad to ride around on the bike to the Temp Labor place, to interviews, if you don't have wheels down here, its impossible to look for work. I can park the bike right next to my door at this mobile home park I'm in. I am still very much a newbie , I only have about 600 miles experience. I just bought the bike last August, in Staten Island. But you know what ? I am seriously thinking about when I do get a steady job, I wanna get a 650 or a 750. I like the Suzuki Boulevard S40, it has a low seat, as low as a GZ250, its a Suzuki bike, its 650, and it looks really good in candy orange. I have been collecting a few pics and the brochure from Suzuki. I think I might get one from craiglist or a local dealer. I feel like this GZ won't stay at 70 or 75 if I need it. If I have to get on an interstate and get to 70 mph and stay there, I want to make sure I can stay there. Have you guys pushed the bike to 70 mph and kept it there ? I am certainly not gonna do it every day, my riding so far is just city riding, but I know in the summer I'm gonna want to stretch myself a bit.