View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
blaine

Re: Newbe Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklo
So I picked up my bike yesterday, and put a good 50 miles on the road before I went home for the night. Overall, very nice. I know some of these questions have been asked before, but when crusing at higher speeds, I had trouble getting to 70mph. The posted limit was 65mph so I was good. I take it that this is normal? Secondly, as far as shifting speeds, I am pretty much good. However I did read in another posting that riding at 65mph in fourth gear was acceptable. Is that correct? I can see downshifting to pick up more speed or for an incline, but for crusing? Also the kill switch, should this just be left on at all times, or should I use it for normal operations. I thought it was for emergency use?
60 to 65 is the comfort zone.4th would be fine for passing or a hill,I would no want to stay there very long as you are getting close to redline.I never use the "kill switch" to shut the bike off.You can forget to shut your key off and kill the battery.I see people doing this all the time:shut the kill switch off while coasting to a stop,and sit there talking with the key on.
:cool: