View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #23
burkbuilds

Re: I fought the dog and the dog won.

Well it has been over 8 days since the crash. I am still at the rehab hospital and I am still on some heavy duty painkillers but i am making progress each day. I can now get from the bed to my wheelchair by myself, and maneuver around the room and go up and down the halls. I can feed myself meals and get to and from the toilet unassisted. I can get in and out of a car, brush my teeth and shave and even get baggy shorts and shirts on and off by myself. Given a few specialty tools I can even put my socks on and off but i can't tie my shoes. It will be several months before I can walk and I can only lift my right forearm to a position parallel with the floor for now. I am in good spirits and looking forward to a full recovery.

Insurance estimates $2200 in damages to the bike. I plan to have my local dealer go over it and see if they find anything the adjuster might have missed, no big hurry since it will probably be Fall before I can ride again.

I am hoping to be released by the weekend and do the rest of my rehab as an outpatient.

Thanks again for all your well wishes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads