Thread: New bike
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Re: New bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Rider
I was going to take the course.(greatmaul) But I know a few bikers who have been riding a long time and they gave me lots of pointers and say I do really well.. So not this year. But I will do it mayby next year..
Just a word of caution. These riders giving you pointers are not instructors. You may be doing very well according to them but just think about all their bad habits you may be learning. Take a course "Soonest" and learn the proper habits to begin with. I thought I was a pretty decent rider until I took a good course. Imagine my surprise when I had to unlearn a lot of bad habits before I could learn the proper ones. Yeah, I survived for a long time without mishap but after the course I was a whole lot better and the bike was a lot easier to ride than ever before. A short investment in time now will reap a bumper crop of enjoyment later when you have trained your body and mind to do the right thing.
No disrespect to your riding friends but they may be like I was in the past and I would have been a poor instructor with bad habits to pass on to others.