Thread: Charity Rides
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
kmrcstintn

Re: Charity Rides

often the organizers will offer a t-shirt for advanced pay...a definite advantage; the advantage to waiting until the day you ride is if you decide NOT to ride due to weather, illness, etc...you don't lose your money; if you pay in advance and can't ride you might arrange a refund (if a t-shirt order wasn't placed), but I just consider it a DONATION & arrange for a receipt if the organization is a qualified non-profit for tax reporting (and hopefully snag the 'goody bag' at a later date);

I started identifying these using a motorcycle periodical a few months ago and picked up info from local motorcycle shops in the area (I'll stop on my rides and ask about charity runs/look for info printouts); also check dealers' websites under the 'events or of interest' section;

as a reminder I made a schedule of local events, rides, meals, etc and update it weekly; sometimes I have to bail on Saturday events due to working weeknights and sometimes get really busy on Friday nights at the hospital where I work...