View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
mithuth

Re: GZ Bobber - just finished

Since I'm using this project (seemingly long abandoned) as the basis for my bobber project, I figured it was foolish to start a new thread when most of my questions go along with this thread's info.
My plans are similar, but I'm going to have my rims painted red like the old bobbers and hotrods. I have a buddy that does airbrushing that I plan to drop off the tank and fenders giving him free reign over the paintjob (I'll give him the theme and let him do what he wants). I'm elbow deep into parts; drag bars, risers, batery hider, etc. But before I order tires, I have to ask:
I've gathered the 150/90-15 Dunlop 404 WWW will need clearance around the brake bar, but there's little mention of the front tire. Is it a 150/90-16, or should I be looking for a different size? I know stock is 110/90-16, I was wondering if I should be looking for the same or skinnier than the rear. Could I do like 130/90-15 If so, is there a WWW available in this size? (I'm off to google a bit) Another thought I had was to get a 17 or 18" rim up front to get a different look, is there a suzuki that has a 17/18" front wheel that will fit and the brake still works, or would I have to swap over the whole fork setup?