View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #23
mrlmd1

Re: Baron Engine Guard?????

We had this discussion on another thread about the same subject, posted I think by the same member.
When I installed my MC guard, I think I had to move the brake pedal less than an inch, more like a half inch, to get clearance from hitting the bottom of the pedal against the top of the guard. I seriously doubt you will notice any difference in pedal height after you do this and your foot shouldn't be riding or resting on the pedal anyway.
When I looked at the MC guard compared to the Baron, not only was the MC less expensive, but I thought it looked stronger because of the length of the flat horizontal bars that attach the lower end of the guard to the frame on the Baron seemed not as strong as the shorter ones on the MC guard, and their angle is different, making them look more likely to bend or twist because of their excessive length with the torque applied to them if you went down. I have no objective evidence that this is the case, that one is stronger than the other, but if you look at the two of them, you can see this for yourself.
Here is a pic of the MC guard for comparison, and there are many pics on here of these guards installed on GZs if you do a search on here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads