View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #32
HumbleNewRider

Re: Baron Engine Guard?????

I agree. I've already got them repackaged for sending back. I had already raised the pedal has high as the adjustment would permit.

The odd thing is that Kirk posted photos of the Baron engine guard about 18 months ago that looked like a great fit, and he didn't have any problem with clearance. I'm wonder if his bike used a different brake lever. I don't know what year his bike is. Mine is a 2008 - and I know it has a different lever (or at least the brake lever comes adjusted/positioned radically differently) than on the GZ250's used in the motorcycle safety course, which I suspect were older than 2008.

I thought a measurement photo might help someone else decide if the Baron Guard would fit their bike. So, the last picture I posted (with the tape measure) shows the distance (6 3/8 inches) from the front of the rubber encased foot peg to the front edge of the brake pedal --- with the pedal depressed. I regard that as at least 1/2 inch too long for comfortable clearance of the Baron Engine Guard. Even then, you'd have to keep your toe back - and needing precise foot placement is not idea for emergency braking.