View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
HumbleNewRider

Re: Baron Engine Guard?????

Alantf -- You've got the guard that i want !!! I had seen a photo in another topic that you posted, but I couldn't find a supplier. I did look at what I think was the SPAAN catalog on-line. But, I wasn't sure about ordering it --- and custom's fees, etc. I might have to look into that again. But, I'd definitely be stuck with it once it arrived from overseas.

mrlmd1 - I'll look into the MC guard again. Although it fit perfectly on your bike, the Baron guard fit Kirk's bike perfect only. So, I'm just plain leery of hassle and return shipping expense of ordering another guard that comes that low. But, between the two brands - I wanted to confirm your earlier suspicion that the Baron guard might not be as strong in a crash. The longer connecting arms it has does not make crash bar as rigid as I would like -- especially for a crash.

(Oh, I did use the forum's photo uploader to upload all of the photos -- and selected a different size for each posting, but they all show up the same size. Maybe I'm not clicking on some button / tab or something.)

Thanks everyone. I'm going to the Suzuki dealership today to see what they have to say.