View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
fatoldfool

Re: Thinking about life after GZ..already..

Wow, you are sure to get a lot of different opinions on this one. While I love Harleys and they have an appeal no other bike has, I still think if I were going on trips over 300 miles I would want a japanese tourer. After I put a $400 Mustang seat on my 07 1200C, I could stay on it for two hours, take a break, and do two more hours, but I hated the suspension (can you say crunched vertebrae). It did hurt my back when I hit bad spots in the road. The 97 1200 had custom suspension (close to $400 extra) front and back and was much better, but the vibes in the pegs and bars lit up my arthritis. I had an 06 FatBoy and it was great, but the additional weight backing it off my patio made my bad knees hurt bad. Right now I am considering a 1981 Honda Goldwing Interstate, but I will have to find another place to keep it it if I get it...All I can say is repeat what was said above, look and do research, sit on them and hope for a good friend might let you swap bikes for part of a ride...good luck!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads