View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
afflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
Don't get me wrong, I love the ninja250.com site and forum, it's just a different kind of forum that takes a little getting used to. Many people get driven off by the sarcasm and joking around, because they just don't understand where it's coming from. I've been a member for a little less than a year, so I consider myself a regular, but by no means a old-timer. The problem is the massive amount of people who post questions and expect to be spoon fed answers, when all they had to do was use the search bar or the FAQ and 90% of the time the answer is right there....no fuss, no muss. Long time users of the board get tired of it and start to get ugly sometimes. The poster then takes offense and it's just a yelling match. That or they get branded as a troll and get made fun of.

Or, if you suggest doing something that isn't part of the forums' group mentality, you normally take a fair amount of ribbing. If you're in to lots of aesthetic modifications that add nothing to the actual riding of the bike, you'll likely be joked on a little. If you ride without proper gear, expect a LOT of negative feedback. If you're in to riding unsafely on the street, say hello to the flames. The admins/mods seem to go through cycles of being very lenient and then being very harsh, but by and large they seem to do an excellent job IMO. It's worth noting that the forum over there is WAAAAAY more active than this one, so I'm sure being one of the power-figures is a much more difficult job.

It's one of those places that will let you know if you've "stepped over the line", so take it for what it's worth. It's got negatives and positives, just like anything else in life. I get a big kick out of the whole experience, but it's not for everyone.....takes a tough skin sometimes.

Keep us posted about your bike-choice Afflo!
Ride safe
Thanks! The FAQ there is phenomenal!!!

By the way, I had to LOL at your sig.

Substitute "large," and you could be talking about any number of things!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads