View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #25
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Honestly, look up the horsepower rating for that bike. I say this because the difference between my Spirit 750 and the Spirit 1100 is only 5 HP. Yes, 5 HP lol. The bigger difference is all in the low end power of the two bikes. The 1100 will get you to 60 faster than the 750. I purposely did NOT get an 1100 because i thought it would be 'too much' for me. Now i am kinda mad not checking into it and seeing there is virtually no HP difference, just low end torque and i think 50 lbs.

Also, dont forget you have been riding a 250cc bike. Going from that 20 hp motor to a 50 hp motor is a HUGE jump. 1st time on anything 750cc or larger will feel like going from a donkey to a racing horse. I had the same feeling riding the Spirit the first time. On the way home the first thing i said out loud was 'holy shit!' LOL. Its gonna feel like a monster but it wears off rather quickly once you give it a few rides. So yea, you really do get used to it. After a week of riding you will feel kinda dumb for being intimidated by it lol. I did

Maybe a 750cc would be a good jump for right now? I dont know, its totally up to how you feel, but taking into consideration the last paragraph i am certain i could have jumped to an 1100 and been just as comfortable on it as i am the 750. So keep that in mind.

The only thing i dont like about sportsters is how skinny they are and top heavy. Not to mention how expensive harley add ons are. I pay ALOT less for aftermarkets than i would owning a harley. If you got the money to dump ... go for it. I am, however, on a budget lol. I know one person who bought a sporty and she complains alot about the prices of aftermarket parts lol... but she dont mind spending the moolah. I have never had the privelage of riding one, so i cant say first hand how they ride or how the power feels on them, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Like i had said before, if you wanna meet up sometime, maybe in Coopersburg (half way point) you are more than welcome to take mine for a spin. I do have 4" forward controls on, so my pegs arent in stock position, but you could get a feeling for a 750cc. I dont know if we are going to have any more good riding days on a weekend any time soon, but if we do, just give me a holler.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads