View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
davidsuserid

Send a message via AIM to davidsuserid
Finally Drove To Work, And noticed some things...

Well, I have been driving the bike around my house for a few weeks to get used to it before I took it on the 25 mile trek to work. I finally did it this morning and noticed a few things that I feel are a little funny. I have never had a bike before, so I don't know if this stuff is normal:

1. I noticed while riding at home, but it reminded me on the way this morning. The transmission tends to clunk while downshifting, ESPECIALLY into first, you can hear and feel it in the other gears, but it is very noticeable from 2nd to 1st. I changed the oil and that didn't help. Could it be something with the tranny, or is it supposed to sound like that?

2. I went over a railroad crossing and bent the rear swingarm thingy that engages the brake, I believe I bounced a little too much. The guy who had the bike before me was about half my size, so I can't imagine the little dials are set wrong for him, much less me. Which way makes the suspension stiffer?

I could search this stuff, but like I said, I am at work now and they kind of frown on looking at this stuff for too long at one time. Thanks for your help guys.

Login or Register to Remove Ads