View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Ololorat

Re: Question about on/pri/res positions

motorcycle worked well after starting and changing PRI to ON and there is some fuel in the tank

I just wanted to know if I already damaged something when didn't change PRI position to ON while driving
and it sounds strange for me that I was able to start it in PRI and wasn't in ON (so may be it is a sign of something wrong)

Sorry for stupid questions. I am a newbie female biker so I know nothing about technical maintenance of motorcycles)

Also yesterday night was very cold so I couldn't start the bike at all and probably uncharged the battery while trying. And today was warmer but I also couldn't start it in the morning cuz of low battery so my neighbor pushed the bike while I was on the 1st gear and I released the clutch and run to work. I hoped that on the way to work my battery would be charged but that didn't happen and I couldn't start it in the evening also)
I had a slope so was able to start it using inertia and now I am thinking about what should I do to the battery: do I need to charge it or just run for few more miles.

thanks