View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #88
burkbuilds

Re: Vulcan 900 Trike Build

I've been riding the Trike for about a month now, pretty much every day to work and a few short rides on the weekends. I got my mom, my youngest daughter and even my wife to ride 2-up with me. There are certain advantages to the Trike. It is amazingly stable, I'm not really concerned with hitting gravel in the road way, or slick things like manhole covers in the rain, and you never need to put your feet down at a traffic light or in stop and go traffic. It actually has a very tight turning radius and I can take turns at relatively high speeds and it sticks to the road like it was on a rail. Having said that, I really miss leaning in the turns and being able to avoid most of the potholes and such that you just can't seem to miss on a Trike. I also don't like "hanging on" in the turns because of the lateral g-forces. If I had a hip replacement or some physical reason I could not hold a bike up at a stop or if I felt like I wouldn't be able to raise it if I dropped it then the Trike would be significantly better than riding in a cage (car). But, I have healed up enough from my accident last April that those things no longer apply to me. So, I think I'm going to convert it back to two wheels and just sell the rear axle kit and the fenders to someone that wants to give it a go converting their 900 to a trike.

Merry Christmas everyone.