Thread: Oil and filter
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Bill

Great responses!!!
I feel so much better now. I have also read a bit on some other forums but nothing specific for the GZ250. Since we have 2 different bikes (GZ250 and C50) I was hoping that we could use/stock just one oil that would work well for both of them. On the Volusiariders.com forum the consenses is overwhelmingly toward the Shell Rotella-T in either dino or synthetic usually available at W-Mart. Many seem to prefer the synthetic so I may consider that one for the bikes.
I guess I might as well use the Suzuki filter unless there is a more readily available filter that will work as well as less cost. Badbob - I didn't quite know if you were giving me some alternative filter suggestions. If so they didin't print through.
Thanks for the detailed information.
I'll check the manual on the forum for the valve adjustment. Thanks for the additional tips. I'll have to spring for the proper tools since I have large hands (XL - XXL glove size).

Just a small tip I'm sure you all know but maybe for the first time owners - checking the oil in the sight window can be a little tricky if you try to hold the bike upright with one hand while squatting down to see. The bike could start to tip over. Not good. I tried that early on with my C50 and just about got squashed. Instead invest in a mirror (about the size of a quarter) that swivels on the end of a collapsable handle. Sit upright on the bike and extend the handle to view the sight glass. Available at automotive stores.

Cheers!