View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
i was not trying to "educate anyone" i was just telling people my experience with it. i have been running that filter for the last 1000 miles and have had no problem with it. that is all i was doing is letting people know that i found an air filter that does not cost thirty bucks and change, take it for what you will.
First, he said his REPLY was uneducated. That is no reflection on YOUR message.

I hope it works out OK for you.
I too would be a little skeptical.....because of ALL the folks who have tried for a less restricted input and ALL have either gone back to the stock filter OR changed some jetting in the carb.

So......I hope you understand that we are not disputing your information and NOT berating you in any way for posting it. It's just that your results seem to be somewhat unique.

We have some folks here who get 80 mpg while most come in around 65. Some bikes seem to be "different". Maybe yours is one of those. If you want to see how the bike will run with a REALLY unrestricted intake, just run it for a minute or two with NO air filter. Mine (and most others) barely runs at all like that. Yours, however, may be different.

Keep the information coming.