View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
chandlerbingfl

Re: Anyone confirm bulb sizes?

Quick update! Hope it's a quick read for you anyway....
Bike was running great after 16T and valve adjustment until I mucked with the above mentioned bulb situation. Several great riding days later I rode bike to a store and everything was good until I tried to restart.... Nothing, no noise, no lights.... push started but engine was definitely struggling under throttle but ok at idle. Lights were real dim and dimmer under load. Would not run at all. Hmm towing and/or leaving were not the best options.... I called Sean (he owns Karport Kustoms, check him out on Facebook to see some of his work) and, mind you this is 9:30 Tuesday night, he listens to the engine over the phone, gives a few options then offers to come and pick me and the bike up. Could one ask for a bike mechanic like this? He diagnosed the bike next day found frayed wires in the rear taillights and the major issue was the battery....measured 10v no load, 4.5 when the bike was able to "run"....

Whew! Replaced the battery and had the lights rewired and viola have my bike back - AND - the bulbs that I now have replaced are functioning fine!

TLR Bike would not run, nothing, replaced battery, tweaked wiring, happy camper....

Thanks all!
chandlerbingfl