View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
dentheman

Re: Three weeks since double bypass surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Dentheman................how is the recovery treating you?
It's been over a month and the biggest thing is I still don't want tobacco! The first two weeks the chest incision causes the most problems, a lot of pain when needing to cough or clear the lungs, which happens a lot; mitigated somewhat by pressing the stuffed red heart pillow from the hospital tightly against my chest (I call it my teddy bear). After two weeks the discomfort moves to the two long incisions in my inner thigh, from crotch to knee. At three weeks the staples were removed from my leg (no staples in the chest) which was a completely painless and quick procedure, and the doc says I can drive. Now I am briskly walking my dog nearly a mile around our favorite horse pasture once a day, and I just passed the 600 mile mark on my Honda NC700X and have taken it in for it's 600 mile service (a separate story I will post). I can't lift my leg over the seat and need to use the peg to get on/off, but that has nothing to do with the surgery (it's the other leg); I think that is more age/weight related, but will ask my doc if there is anything I can do to improve it such as exercises. All in all, I am doing well and being thankful.