View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Roguerider

Don't know what is wrong, or where to go from here.

Hi Guys~
I have a 1999 GZ250. My bike broke down yesterday. Before I left for my ride, I had a little trouble getting the bike into neutral. But, it finally went in, and off I went. I rode about 13 miles with no problems. When I came to a stop sign, the motor died. When I tried to start it, there was a loud clunking noise coming from engine? or clutch?. I rolled the bike into a parking lot, and I had trouble getting it into 1st gear. I got off the bike, and wiggled the clutch pedal with my hand. I got back on the bike and rode about 6 miles. Again, it stalled with a loud clunking noise. I repeated what I did earlier, and I got the bike home. I did not put it back into 1st gear after that. I took off in 2nd. I let the bike cool off, and I tried starting it again. Now, the starter turns over, but nothing is happening. I drained the oil, and there are no metal shavings in it. I removed the filter, and there are no metal shavings in it. I removed the starter, and it looks as if one small tooth has a chip in it. Any ideas of what may be going on? :??: :??:

Login or Register to Remove Ads