View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #29
LilNinja77

Afflo, good to hear back from you on your situation. Definitely get whatever type of bike you will feel the most comfortable on, no point in buying a motorcycle if it doesn't fit you well. As you seem to have found out, yes, riding gear is a very important aspect of riding. It can make all the difference in both comfort and protection. Take your time in choosing gear, because just like choosing the motorcycle, there isn't a point in wearing it if it doesn't fit properly. Don't be cheap either, it's far better to spend your money on riding gear than hospital bills if you happen to take a fall. Buy the best and highest quality you can afford..........my favorite way of explaining it to my friends (who make fun of me for always riding ATGATT) is this:

Imagine a 350 lb. man walks up to you and holds you down on the ground, while taking a belt sander to your body..........where is that belt sander going to hurt? Everywhere that beltsander might hurt, well that's somewhere that you need good quality riding gear. I dunno about you but I'd much rather be covered in leather than roadrash, better to sweat than to bleed.

If you want to buy your gear online (which can be both a good and a bad thing), check out Newenough.com....they have good prices, great customer service, and often have really great closeout deals on quality riding gear. Be safe and keep having fun!
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~