View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #28
mole2

Re: Rejected inspection: front turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwader
I got a new Sylvania 3.4watt mini bulb and it works in the socket.

BUT, it still same problem lights alternate.

Maybe its the boot part

I set up an appointment tomorrow morning at the closest motorcycle mechanic shop a Harley Davidson dealership 8 miles away.

I started taking off the headlight to check out the connections inside earlier and I'm having trouble putting it back together right. It came off with a jiggle and some screws removed but I found one had a spring came out. I put that back in along with the white plastic part, spring was a pain to put back in its spot but I got it.

Just the headlight part is not on right just got held with a screw to not go anywhere. Going with my woman to get her another tattoo on her foot soon so I'll be at it maybe later. Wish I didn't take off the head light cover, I wouldn't have to deal with it right now, putting it back in right.
If you look at the schematic in the service manual online here you'll see there is a lead from the right front directional and a lead from the left front directional that go to the indicator bulb. There is no ground going to that indicator bulb and there are no diodes in those leads to prevent feedback. It's quite possible that the bulb is a special bulb from the manufacturer because if you put those leads to each side of a filament there is going to be a feedback when the bulb looks for ground. It's a strange setup indeed. It's got me stumped at this point especially since if you remove the bulb the feedback goes away (according to your prior post).