View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
LilNinja77

Yes we are a minority.........few and far between normally. I'd say 90% of the riders near me are all "fair weather" riders. They only ride in the warmer months, and only if the weather is clear and sunny. This past fall and winter, I literally could count the number of fellow riders I saw on the roads with my fingers........for the entire span of Nov-Feb.. All of the morons that come out in the warmth seem to absolutely refuse to wear anything more than a helmet, and most often even that is only a skid-lid. Well, there are the wanna-be racers who buy expensive Suomy helmets and Dianese jackets.......and then ride in sneakers and shorts....... :??: :??: :??: None of the cruiser riders here wear anything more than a helmet, except for the very few all year Harley guys who have to wear gear in the winter so they won't freeze. It's only in the winter that I don't feel like the oddball for wearing gear, when I actually see the other riders out.

Everyone I ride with adhere to ATGATT as best they can, and I personally won't leave the driveway without my full set of riding gear on. I've got full leather and full textile, some of it I got at super-bargain prices, some of it at full retail.....all of it was worth every penny. I came to realize some time ago that I couldn't care less what the other riders on the road are wearing/aren't wearing. If they are comfortable with their skin being shredded and ground off in to the pavement, well, it's just not my cup 'O' tea. Sure, when I pull up somewhere and I'm the ONLY rider wearing real gear, I get laughed at........but I'm laughing right back at each and every one of them.

Trying to look "cool" while riding is a self-defeating practice, image is only for riders who stay on long straight roads.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads