View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
CLRibbon

Re: What tires are you running on your Marauder?

Well we have been trying to come up with a good combination of tires and nothing seems to be a acceptable match .

I have ran Pirelli Sport Demons on my kz1000 before and think that they are one of the best cornering tires out there but the tread doesn't match the Pirelli Route 66 that is available for the back.
We contacted Pirelli about whether or not the Demon front and the Route 66 back could be paired and they said it was not a good idea, probably to cover their butts

Speed is not the problem with the set up IMO but cornering is and I would like to find the stickiest combo available.
Big miles are not a concern because she will probably only be riding around 2000 miles this year while she is learning and I would be happy to buy her fresh tires every 2 or 3 years to keep her safe

The Pirelli Sport Demon front and a Shinko SR734 rear is what we are leaning towards even though they don't have matching treads, judging the the reviews they are probably the softest tires out there.

We don't ride in the rain or wet roads so I'm thinking that tread patterns in the center are not as big an issue as how both tires react with each other in the corners.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated,

Thanks, CL's husband

[attachment=1:22fw0nl9]tire Pirelli.JPG[/attachment:22fw0nl9]