View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
Orpheus

Re: Traffic automated turn arrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I waited through three full cycles of a traffic light without getting a green arrow, so I ran the light without knowing that there was a traffic camera at that intersection(until I saw the flash).
I have one question. If there were 3 "cycles", why didn't you "run" it when the traffic from your direction had the "normal" green ?? In that case, the camera should not have tripped.......I would think.

I'm assuming this is marked: Left on arrow only.
If not, I have a different question!

P.S. You should also report it so it can be adjusted.......and so they will have a record of your report, should you actually get a ticket in the mail.
I was facing a circular steady green light, but this is one of those intersections where the left-turn arrow is independent of the circular green (with a "left turn on arrow only" sign above the arrow, as you stated), and the arrow is only actuated when the left turn sensor detects a vehicle in the turn lanes, so I was facing a red left turn arrow in my lane and the other turn lane beside me, and a steady circular green for the north/southbound lanes (I was northbound turning eastbound).
I wrote an email to the city's traffic enforcement division as well as the city's transportation department and an officer called me today who was very sympathetic but ultimately couldn't help me at all; he basically told me that I could try to fight it and hope that I get a judge who might be sympathetic.

I'm going to try to videotape this late one night for my defense if I do end up getting a ticket in the mail.

Login or Register to Remove Ads