View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
alantf

Just thought I'd let you know that it hasn't been one of our best Christmases. Family and friends wise it's been fine, but just before Christmas the power steering on our car packed in. I thought that it might be the steering CPU, so on the 26th I took it to the Citroen workshop. They found that the problem was the steering motor. Problem is, for some strange reason Citroen designed it so that the motor can't be changed. You have to fit a complete steering rack (I checked the Hayes manual, and this is correct) so I'm waiting for the new rack, and a very expensive repair. Also, while trying to get round the curves to our underground parking, without power steering, I've pulled my back, and I'm in agony. Then, in the evening of Christmas day, one of our house rabbits collapsed. We took him to the vet's, as soon as they opened on boxing day. They tested him, but couldn't come to a firm diagnosis, so they kept him in the hospital. Unfortunately he died on Friday night. Now we've only one left, "Gonzo", and he's lost without his little friend. Just hope the new year brings better luck.

Login or Register to Remove Ads