View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #87
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginativeFig View Post
How/where do you disassemble at the top and what would you use to lubricate?

I reassembled everything. It appeared that someone had at one point switched the overflow and air vent hoses. One's narrower, the other's wide, the narrow one had been stretched on to cover the higher outlet (the air vent), and the big one had been on the lower one (the overflow drain)... I switched them because it seemed like the small one fit better on the overflow drain than the air vent, is that right?
The choke's still difficult to open, but it is openable, but this still doesn't make my bike go.
What do I need to troubleshoot if the battery's good and it's turning over, but not starting?
There are two screws that hold the housing together on the bars.When you loosen then you will be able to see the choke cable.There are specific lubes for cables or you can use any light oil.I like to use chain lube as it will flow down the cable & than "jell" to stay in place.Your hose placement sounds right.I can't check for you as I no longer have my G.Z. I would open the drain on the side of the float bowel (on bottom of carb) & be sure you have fuel & go from there.