Thread: Money Pit.
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 AM   #25
Fawlty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Ta Da! The Wing is ready to fly home. All the needed stuff was done and all I need to do is get it home to install the new mirrors and clean it up nice. All in all I am quite pleased with the results so far. $250 on ebay for mirrors, gasket kit and used oil pan. Add in the work and parts in the shop comes to $1100. $1800 for the bike and I should have an old reliable bike for $3150 total. The Silver Wing 650 like this one was only made for one year so it should retain some value for a while.
Gotta do some cleaning and TLC on various items to improve it's looks so it is insurable as a Collector bike which is about 20% of a non collector. The first ride from the shop to home should be a bit tense so I will be waiting for a warm sunny day to ease into riding again.
I will try for some pics if I can figure out Windows 8. My old desk top with Windows 7 was a snap but it is sadly semi retired and needs work to function properly.
Time to dig out the riding gear now.
Bet you can't wait for that warm sunny day! Be careful and enjoy!

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads