View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #30
gstam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq View Post

Basically, to solve your problem, they bypassed the vacuum tube and put the petcock on PRI - they didn't actually fix anything. Do you remember what the specifically told you? I tend to lean towards not going back to that particular shop. You've reattached the vacuum hose and put the petcock back on RUN and you're having the same problem, right?
when i took it back, their service manager re-attached the vacuum hose; i had already put the petcock back to RUN after noticing it was left on PRIME while at the gas station a few miles earlier. the service manager's expression made it seem like it was just something dumb they forget to do at the end; i think they had my carburetor apart and fixed the flow needle. (i should have gotten more info, but was trying not to be a pain in the hopes they wouldn't charge me - which they didn't.)

so far i've only gone about 40 miles. still running fine, and still no gas in the airbox. i really have no idea how much of that 2 gallons of gas i've used in those 40 miles; how do you determine when the tank is full? when the gas would be touching the bottom of the fuel cap?