View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #33
bwader

2 years ago I got a 150cc Jonway china scooter, I was on day two of the MSF class where we started riding in the parking lot. I got home afterward a few hours later got on my scooter and practiced around the neighborhood. I pulled the front brake too hard in a left turn in some sand on pavement and I caught myself with left hand and my middle finger hurt for a while. Guy living nearby offered help and I was ok except for my finger hurt for about a month afterward. The engine shut off being in too much of an incline. I was surprised it didn't just keep running, having a CVT and all. I remembered it had a safety cutoff if on its side.

That scooter I put on 3,300 miles and I changed the oil at least 6 times and had enough tinkering and replacing cheap parts. The engine threw a piston rod through the case but I was lucky I was a few miles from home and pushed it home. Gotta love a CVT transmission for that.

Then a few months later I got my GZ and haven't had a whoops since. Other than letting go of the clutch a few times at a stand still. Lucky me it just stalls, a bigger bike wouldn't be as forgiving.

Login or Register to Remove Ads