View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
mlynch

hey guys, how's it going?

my name's matt, and I have a problem. I buy cheap bikes too much, and as such, I don't do much riding at all.
I'm currently trying to sell a virago 750 bobber I have built. I'm not soliciting here... craigslist will come through soon, I can feel it.
once it sells, I have my eye on a gz250 locally that the guy wants 1100 for. I really really really want it. this will be like my 7th bike. hopefully it will be my next commuter. I'm not thrilled about the prospect of not being able to terrorize the locals and out run fast dogs, but I like little bikes, and I llike not paying a lot for gas.

im curious about something. the bike I'm looking at is a 2001. it has 2 exhaust pipes coming out the front, and by all appearances it looks like a parallel twin. I keep seeing the gz250 describes as a single. am I missing something here? the newer gz's have the same single cyl engine as the tu250, right? but the older ones, are twins, right?

I have seen only a couple of good, or decent cafe'd gz's, and plenty of good little gz bobbers. is there something preventing the gz from being cafe'd?

Login or Register to Remove Ads