View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
gstam4

thanks again, all!

turns out it was the clutch cable getting caught...woops. mechanic zip-tied it and a few others, and the idle surging problem went away.

oil and gas seem not to be leaking now, though i'll still have the stator gasket replaced, since it seemed to be leaking slightly before.

a new symptom today: right as i was finishing a ride back from the store, i heard this strange metal-y sound - like a light rubbing sound with this sort of faint metal squeal to it. i couldn't tell if it was coming from the engine/clutch/etc. area, or if it was occurring while i was turning my front wheel. it happened for a block or two, then i couldn't get it to happen again while idling the bike and giving it gas, nor when i went for a short ride later. if it matters at all, it was very hot today - close to 100, and humid - and the ride i had just finished when i heard the sound was only a few miles. oil level looks to be where it should.

as an aside, if suzuki had ABS on the gw250, i'd buy one tomorrow! cheapest new non-sportbike with ABS looks to be honda's CB500F at about $6,000, which is above my budget. hope more small bikes see ABS soon.

Last edited by gstam4; 07-01-2014 at 11:36 PM.